Saturday, April 16, 2011

100% Orange

Yikes!  Only got 3 weeks until the Wintergreen TT.  The intensity is mounting in my training regimen.  I did hill repeats earlier this week and today was threshold intervals on a busy street, during rush hour no less.  This is really the only flat spot with enough room to ride for 5 minutes straight at threshold.  Surprisingly, the drivers were pretty good to me.

Hill repeats again this weekend ... sigh.  I'm supposed to do another hill climb this weekend but I'm tired of driving out to Skyline Drive just to find a hill long enough to get the time.  MacArthur Blvd is 1 mile long but the grade is a little less than North Morgan.  Maybe I just just relax and do the shop ride.

My teammate on Team Results, Marius, is riding Wintergreen with me.  We both want to pre-ride the route but our schedules don't mesh until a week before the event!  Not much time but it's all we've got.  Marius climbs like a goat so I don't really expect to see much of him on the except when he passes me!

My cycling friend Mark is in Paris France on vacation and he's been sending pictures back that show just how much of an insidious influence Orange has had on him.  He just can't get it out of his mind!  When he should be paying attention to the City of Lights, he's thinking Orange:






On a humorous more note ...
I have a Brooks Imperial prototype on my Calfee and a dark blue Brooks Swift on my Orange Bike.  These are comfortable, all day saddles and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  That being said, there is no way in Hell I'm riding without cycling shorts:



Freshjive Moving Pictures - Bicycle Seat from freshjive on Vimeo.

The tune is kinda catchy, huh?  Otherwise this is just plain wrong!  Lol!

3 comments:

  1. If you don't want to go all the way to Skyline, you could try Mount Weather. The ride starts in Marshall, VA and is about 55 miles. http://www.bikewashington.org/routes/bluerdg/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that's NOT me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to Gordon and he said that Mt Weather was kinda short and fairly steep but I haven't looked at the route myself. I found a circuit that includes Mt Weather. Do you have any routes?

    ReplyDelete