Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Had a fantastic ride today on Skyline Drive from the Front Royal entrance with Marius and Josh!  The weather was perfect if a little cool at the start.  Only 30 miles but with 3500' of elevation gain.



As I said, it was kinda cold at the start, right around 40F but with very little wind (a change from the norm around here of late)!  I was comfortable in my styling Rapha + Paul Smith Merino Jersey (go ahead and call me a shill but this stuff just works!), a light wind jacket, a pair of bib shorts, and gloves.
[aside - I know it's not orange but the orange bike is in the shop getting prepped for Wintergreen and my MS150 ride among other things.  Compact crankset, new cables, wheels (tubulars), and new tape.]  The jersey matches my purple bike pretty well don't you think?

Marius weighs like nothing so he demolished Josh and me on the climbs.  The first 6 miles of the ride are just one long uphill to 2100' at around 5%.  I was able to get into a good groove and controlled my HR so I didn't blow up.  Climbing felt good!

The descents were another matter entirely!  They were awesome, especially the last 6 miles.  Hoooo weeeeee!  Josh and I crushed Marius with our superior weight going downhill!!!

2 comments: