Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MS Rides

Ever since I was diagnosed with MS in 2006, I have ridden in at least one MS ride a year.  I'm selfish, it's in my own interest to raise money to help find a cure for this disease.  These events raise a lot of money and most of it actually goes to research (you can find out more at the National MS Society).

I had ridden for other teams in the past; I rode with Lockheed Martin one year, they sponsor various teams across the country, and I rode on a friends team for a couple of years.  Last year, my friends team collapsed and I found myself riding for a team with only one member, me.

Enough!


I formed my own team this year with members coming from riders I recruited from my LBS, Spokes, Etc. in Alexandria, VA.  Team Results is a pretty diverse group in background, profession, and, to a lesser extent, age.  But we all have one thing in common and that is a passion for cycling.  I set my team goal pretty high so we're going to have to hustle to make it but it can be achieved.


The donation link is to your right so please stop by and support our cause!

Team Results would not exist without the generous support of our sponsors, Results Computing and Rapha.  So thanks for the support!

It's early and I'm losing sleep.  'Nite all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi John! How is the hill climb training going? I have a friend that is starting some type of ti-quan-do where she gets a colored stripe every time she learns a new move, and she seems to get one every time she goes. I'm thinking we need to design a similar system of self-reward for these physical goals we set ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going out to Skyline Drive this Sunday for a bit of hill work at THR (~174-183) for at least 30 minutes. Maybe we could eat different color combinations of M&Ms everytime we reach a specific goal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! M&M's! Great idea! But do you eat anything besides the GREEN ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I say GREEN? I want them, you get the orange ones.

    ReplyDelete